The New Normal – Covid-19 Safety Measures
Following the latest guidance from the government, we are preparing to reopen our clinics with new Covid-19 safety measures in place. This follows our period of treating emergency cases only, during lockdown.
As a practice, keeping hygiene levels exceptional throughout the day has always been an important part of our work. We have now added some additional measures to help safeguard us all in the fight against the spread of Coronavirus.
Our patients and our own safety is our priority with regards to reopening our doors for regular treatments again. We want to assure you that we have completed all necessary safety measures within both our Dallington and Heathfield clinics.
If you have an appointment booked, you will receive all new information over the phone prior to your treatment. You will also receive a text message the day before, pre-screening for any Covid 19 symptoms.
Chantal has used the last weeks of isolation to prepare for the ‘new normal’. Our Dallington clinic now has fresh paint and new hard wood flooring.
New precautions we are taking at East Sussex Osteopaths include:
- Practitioners will wear PPE at all times, consisting of
– IIR surgical mask
– Full length apron
- Sanitising all hard surfaces, floor and treatment plinth between treatments
- Replacement of all linens with waterproof, wipe-able covers
- Patients to use hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting the treatment rooms
- Practitioners will be washing and sanitising their hands and forearms between each treatment
- A 15 minute gap between each patient, to disinfect surfaces, aerate the room and to prevent patient cross over
- Patients are to wait in their cars at Dallington or on the front lawn at Heathfield until they are collected by their practitioner. Our waiting rooms are still temporarily closed.
- Only one patient in the treatment room at a time, unless a child is being treated or a chaperone is required
- Patients are to bring their own mask to wear throughout their treatment. (If patients are unable to source a mask, they will be available at both clinics, charged at the cost price of £1)
- Contactless payment is now available via our new card machine
As a conscious consumer, Chantal has researched alternatives to using disposable plastic aprons which need to be changed for each patient. The team will now be able to wear a single reusable apron each day, which can be disinfected between patients. This reduces waste dramatically, whilst still withholding the highest hygiene standards.
With our enhanced Covid-19 safety measures in place, you’ll be in good (clean!) hands when you attend your next Osteopath treatment. We’ll update on any changes to the way we practice in the coming months. We look forward to welcoming patients new and old, back to the clinic.
Book your appointment here.
Stay safe and well